Boot Like J. Lo – Hops like Michael Jordan
When it comes to ASS and the ability to fly through the air the most recognized in the world are probably our dear friends Jennifer Lopez and the legendary Michael Jordan.
All women would love to have a booty as fit as Ms. Lopez, and all men would love to be able to jump from the free throw line and dunk a basketball.
So the question is, how can the “average” person obtain these seemingly impossible feats of physique and athleticism?
Outside of the obvious genetic advantages given to these blessed individuals the answer lies in the exercises and rep ranges that you perform.
First let’s look at Ms. Lopez. You’ll want to train exercises and rep ranges that have a high metabolic cost, will increase growth hormone, and really tap into your glutes. If you want have a firm, Latina looking booty here is your checklist…
- Train with deep squat variations (Front squat, back squat, split squats) at least 2-3 times a week for up to 5 sets. You’re glutes are more active when you drop below 90 degrees, so that’s where you need to be.
- Train dead lifts variations (especially Romanian Dead lifts) 2 – 3 times per weeks for up to 5 sets.
- BUTT EXERCICES – you know, the ones that every girl on Instagram loves to take videos of themselves doing – should only make up, AT MOST, 10 – 15 percent of any amount to time that you spend on your legs. THEY HAVE VERY LITTLE BENEFIT.
- For both dead lifts and squats keep your rep range between 8 – 15 and the time under tension (total time of the set) of the set between 40 – 60 seconds. Keeping this time under tension and rep range will build a little bit of muscle in the right places while stripping fat around your stomach.
- Eat .8 – 1.0 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day. So, if you’re 150 lbs, you need to be eating 120 – 150 grams of protein per day.
Now, let’s look at Mr. Jordan. If you want to fly high your program is going to be much different. Rep ranges, time under tension and movements are going to change in order to elicit a powerful response. You will be building less muscle here but will be tapping into muscle fibers that you don’t usually use as well as tuning your nervous system. Here is the quick guide to jumping out of the gym.
- Train dead lift variations (clean grip, snatch grip, sumo) at least 3 times a week. Do between 5 – 10 sets. The time under tension of the set should be between 5 – 20 seconds.
- Train deep squats variations (front, back, etc.) 1 – 2 time per week. Do 5 – 10 sets. The time under tension of the set should be between 5 – 20 seconds.
- Do clean variations (hang, power, “full”, etc.) 1 – 2 times per week for 1 – 3 reps. Do up to 8 sets.
- Train snatch variations (hang, power, “full”, etc.) 1 – 2 times per week for 1 – 3 reps. Do up to 8 sets.
- Eat 1 – 1.3 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day. So, If you’re 200 lbs. you should be eating 200 – 260 grams of protein per day.
May the booty tighter and hops get higher!
Committed To Your Success,
Eric Richard Allen