Ahhh… cheat meals, some of my favorite moments of each week. Nom Nom Nom.
With the Holiday season approaching I just wanted to drop some quick tips on how to successfully go about committing the age-old sin of gluttony.
If you are serious about reaching optimal body composition you need to make a plan and then evaluate whether it is working or not.
ESPECIALLY THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS.
Remember…if you’re not assessing, you’re guessing.
So, without further adieu here are the top 7 tips for getting the most out of your cheat meals and warding off the holiday lbs.
- Schedule your cheat meals. Know what days of the week and what times of day you plan to cheat. Make sure you stick to that plan. Some research suggests that sticking to your diet 90% and cheating 10% of the time will help you towards your goals. Another way of looking at it (I find this to be more helpful) is to eat a meal ratio of 15/1 or 20/1. This simply means that for every 15 – 20 meals you eat you are allowed 1 cheat meal. Side note: the leaner you are, the more you can cheat.
- Eat your cheat meal post workout. It will be more effective. This is when you are most insulin sensitive. This means that your body is more likely to store carbs as energy in your muscles rather than have them be transported into your fat cells.
- Make sure to include protein in your meal and be sure to eat it FIRST. This will keep you from over indulging on the sweet stuff, help you feel more satiated overall and will mitigate a spike in your blood sugar.
- Drink 16 – 20 oz. of water before you cheat. Again, preemptively filling you’re your stomach with something other that 9th slice of pizza.
- DO NOT GRAZE! Choose what you are going to eat, sit down, eat it, and you are done. No second and third trips to the refrigerator as you binge on you latest Netflix obsession.
- Eat your cheat meal with a friend. There is not scientific rational for this, I just think it’s more fun to stuff your face with someone else there. Plus, if you get the “Itis” (Please reference an online Urban Dictionary if you are unfamiliar with this term) and suddenly pass out, you’ll have someone there to catch you.
- Add supplements to your cheat meal that will make you more insulin sensitive, decrease inflammation and HELP SUGAR GO TO THE RIGHT PLACE. The most common ones here that I would recommend would be fish oil, magnesium and fenuplex.
2 – 3 grams of fish oil, 150-300mgs of magnesium and 1 – 2 capsules of Fenuplex will help keep inflammation down and make sure that the excess carbs are going where they should!
You can buy these buy clicking HERE and then searching…
“720” (this is the fish oil)
Committed To Your Success,
Eric Richard Allen